Thursday, January 2, 2020
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, chives, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
4. Melt the butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat and tilt to coat all sides.
5. Add egg mixture to skillet and sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until eggs are puffed and golden.
6. Cut into wedges and serve.