- 1 pound broccoli rabe, tough stem ends removed
- ¾ pound hot Italian sausage, loose or in links
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped rosemary
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- 8 ounces grated cheese (Provolone, Parmesan and/or Mozzarella)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook for 1 minute, just to wilt, then remove, rinse with cold water and drain. Roughly chop greens, then squeeze to remove excess water and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage (remove casings from links first) and cook, stirring and mashing, until sausage is in large, well-browned crumbled pieces, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove cooked sausage and set aside on paper towels.
- Add olive oil to skillet. When oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper, then add garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute more. Turn off heat and stir in chopped greens and reserved sausage. Let mixture cool in pan.
- Spoon dabs of ricotta over greens mixture, then sprinkle evenly with cheese. Pour seasoned eggs over, tilting pan to distribute.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden and eggs are no longer runny at the center. Let cool at least 15 minutes, then cut into wedges.