Recipe by Chef Charlie Palmer
This recipe was first created and served at Aureole New York in 1988. Variations of it still appear on the menu to this day and it would be the perfect dish to serve for Christmas Eve.
4 ounces butter, soft
1/2 ounce truffle oil
salt and pepper
One 3-1/2 lb Browder's Organic chicken
4 thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove
1. Combine butter with truffle oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
2. Pipe butter mixture under the skin of the chicken breasts and legs. Place fingers under skin and rub around.
3. Tie drumsticks together with twine at knuckle joint. Place chicken in fridge and allow to air-dry for 24 hours.
4. Remove chicken from fridge and insert lemon, thyme and garlic into cavity. Allow chicken to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake chicken for 45 minutes.