This recipe requires two packs of our bone-in chicken breast and will not work with just one pack - the vegetables will burn. But you can scale up and substitute one of our 8-piece whole chicken grill packs.
1/4 cup evoo
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
salt and pepper
8 ounces curly kale, stemmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon paprika
4 bone-in split chicken breasts, halved crosswise
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk oil, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, pinch of salt and pepper, together in a small bowl.
2. Vigorously squeeze and massage kale with hands in a large bowl until wilted, about 1 minute. Arrange kale in a pile in center of rimmed baking sheet.
3. Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil mixture and toss to coat. Arrange in a singe layer around edges of sheet. Whisk paprika into remaining oil mixture and toss with chicken. Place chicken, skin-side up, on top of kale in the center of the sheet.
4. Transfer sheet to oven and roast until chicken registers 165 degrees, 25 to 35 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through roasting. Transfer chicken to a platter and tent with foil for 5-10 minutes.
5. Toss vegetables with any accumulated pan juices and season with salt & pepper.