Monday, January 13, 2020
2 cups broccoli florets, cooked until just crisp
3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
8 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide broccoli and bacon evenly among muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs, cream (or milk), salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined. Divide egg mixture among muffin cups. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
4. Bake for 18 minutes or until just set. Cool on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes. Loosen from pan with a butter knife to serve.
Monday, January 6, 2020
Try topping each serving with salsa, shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
2 ripe Avocados
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Slice avocados in half crosswise; remove and discard pits. Using a spoon, scoop out a portion of the avocado in each half to make room for the egg.
3. Place avocado halves in a baking dish. Crack one egg at a time in a small bowl; scoop out yolk and place one in each half, reserving egg whites. Pour reserved whites over the yolks until the holes are completely covered. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Thursday, January 2, 2020
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, chives, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
4. Melt the butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat and tilt to coat all sides.
5. Add egg mixture to skillet and sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until eggs are puffed and golden.
6. Cut into wedges and serve.