Introducing a lighter and healthy Eggnog recipe just in time for the holidays. (And it's also dairy-free.)
4 cups unsweetened almond milk
6 egg yolks
2/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tblsp whole cloves
1 tsp pure vanilla
1. In a kitchen blender, add the almond milk, egg yolks, raw honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, and then blend for a minute until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add the whole cloves, and heat over medium heat.
3. Cook the eggnog for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken and slowly cook the eggs. It will be frothy at first.
4. Let the mixture get hot but not boil or simmer, if it's close to boiling then whisk vigorously and remove from heat temporarily.
5. Once thickened, turn off heat and stir in the vanilla.
6. Strain to remove cloves, then place in an airtight container and chill 6-8 hours. To serve sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Brown liquors work best with eggnog so to spike it try: bourbon, rum or brandy.