Monday, August 12, 2019
Authentic Jerk Chicken
8 pieces of drumsticks, wings and thighs
2 tablespoons of Browder's JERK Dry Rub
3/4 cup of malt vinegar (or white vinegar)
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Jamaican rum
vegetable oil for grilling
1. Blend dry rub with vinegar, soy sauce and rum, then pour over chicken. Turn several times to coat, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
2. Remove chicken from marinade, wiping off excess, and let it come to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
3. Prepare grill and lightly brush grate with oil. Place chicken on hottest part of grill, skin side down, turning halfway through until slightly charred, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Move chicken to cooler part of grill and continue cooking, turning several times, for 20-25 minutes. (Thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken should read 165 degrees.)
5. Transfer chicken to a platter and rest 10 minutes before serving.